When you are building a new website for your business there's a risk of focusing on the design and text while leaving the images as an afterthought. There's a good reason why modern website designs feature large image areas as standard and that's the power of visual content. Photographs have the potential:
- to paint a compelling picture of the services you provide,
- to attract traffic to your website,
- to encourage engagement and
- ultimately lead to more sales.
However, this potential can only be fully realised by using high quality images that connect with your customers.
In this blog post I’ll show you:
- why high quality images are crucial to your business in a competitive marketplace,
- the common mistakes you need to avoid when selecting your images and
- tips for commissioning images that will really benefit your business.
The challenge of getting noticed
Before you can make sales, you need to get people on to your website. Regardless of how good your SEO efforts are, your business will appear in Google surrounded by organic and paid for results offering similar services.
You need to take every opportunity to make your business stand out from the crowd. Whether it’s your Google business profile or your social media presence. Each point of contact with potential customers can get you noticed and bring traffic to your website.