By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://webdesignunlimited.co.uk/
Search engine optimisation … is your website getting found?
SEO, search engine optimisation, page ranking ... it's a huge topic which I won't attempt to cover comprehensively here in a single blog post. So this, the first in a series of posts on SEO, will concentrate on your website's keywords.
When you first start developing your website do some research into what search string you think your potential customers will be typing in to Google to find your site. Think about the services you are offering ... perhaps you are family lawyer. So your keywords could include; family law, divorce, separation, children issues, child maintenance, mediation, resolution along with a reference to your location.
Once you've researched and narrowed down your keywords they now need to be worked into your content. Ideally the keywords need to appear naturally within you main body content twice to five times in every hundred words. However, don't be tempted to compromise the quality of your copy in an attempt to cram the keywords in. Content is king and it's ultimately more important that it reads well.
There are also plenty of other places where you can incorporate your keywords:
- The first and most obvious place where they are really going to work for you is in your domain name itself. For example, this site, although the domain name is possibly rather long, does include the two most important keywords ... web design.
- Include the keywords in the other areas of the URL, for example this article appears on the blog pages of the website and the full URL of this menu item is http://webdesignunlimited.co.uk/web-design-blog. So, 'web design' appears again. 'Blog' is also another word that could work for this website as web design customers, may also be searching for information about blogging.
- Use your keywords in your headings. They will stand out on the page and instantly convey to your website's visitors what services you are offering as well as optimising your website.
- Include your keywords in the ALT text of any images that you use.
- Use the footer area of your site ... keywords can be incorporated here and also provide a useful means of linking to other relevant areas of the website.
These are just a few pointers and should be implemented on your website, but there are many more things that you can do to boost the performance of your site. Check back again soon for more SEO tips.