Blogging has become an integral part of most business marketing campaigns but many small business owners are still reluctant to embrace what is, time commitment aside, free marketing.
I hear lots of reasons why:
- I haven’t got time
- I don’t know what to write
- Our customers aren’t interested and no one would read it
All valid reasons, but lets compare a blog post with traditional means of promoting your small business. You may decide its worth spending a bit of time researching what to write and getting your content out there.
Many small businesses still use small adverts in local newspapers and community magazines.
- How much time does it take to prepare those ads?
- How much are the printing costs?
- What happens after that publication has reached its lifespan of a month or maybe as little as a week?
Compare that with a blog post.